NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Please note -- a class of words we don't want to see here

+12
Raggamuffin
Andy
Fred Moletrousers
nicko
'Wolfie
Maddog
Syl
JulesV
Original Quill
eddie
gelico
Ben Reilly
16 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Please note -- a class of words we don't want to see here - Page 3 Empty Please note -- a class of words we don't want to see here

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:49 pm

First topic message reminder :

It's been brought to my attention that we've never banned insults that single out a specific gender, which was a massive oversight on my behalf. So from here on, nothing along the lines of "bitch" or worse.

Use your own judgment, of course. Insults aren't always insults among friends, right? And some are milder than others -- I don't see us banning "silly cow," for example.

Mods, please help me out on this one. Cool
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Please note -- a class of words we don't want to see here - Page 3 Empty Re: Please note -- a class of words we don't want to see here

Post by Syl Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:40 pm

Jules wrote:

Syl

And you are of course entitled to your opinion Jules, even when you are wrong.

Anything else?
Yes.
Remember we all have feelings, not just you.
Also remember that if you come at me with a nasty attitude, I will boomerang it back at you, so you can see what it feels like.

Boomarang away, in the sure knowledge I wont drag up what's been said years down the line falsely claiming I felt tortured by the whole thing. lol!
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Please note -- a class of words we don't want to see here - Page 3 Empty Re: Please note -- a class of words we don't want to see here

Post by Syl Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:43 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Syl wrote:Seriously, can we please IF we have disagreements keep them in the thread they happened in in future.

Another rule, Syl?  People should be able to raise statements of someone delivered on another thread.  It's called keeping them intellectually honest.

Otherwise, we'll have Caligula Trump, who directs killers in one breath, and eulogizes the victims in the next.

Not a rule Quill....a suggestion.
Why is everyone suddenly banging on about rules?

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:55 pm

Why would anyone object to someone objecting to being called a "s-lag"? Would any of the women here want to be called a "s-lag"?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:12 pm

A lovely lady called Jules
posts strictly within the rules
But she has just awoken
to the rules that are broken
by the posters who take us as fools.
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:21 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:Why would anyone object to someone objecting to being called a "s-lag"? Would any of the women here want to be called a "s-lag"?

The only time I see the word being used  is on forums, and usually by people with zero respect for themselves or for anyone else.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:23 am

Syl wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Another rule, Syl?  People should be able to raise statements of someone delivered on another thread.  It's called keeping them intellectually honest.

Otherwise, we'll have Caligula Trump, who directs killers in one breath, and eulogizes the victims in the next.

Look at the title of the thread you're posting in.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:47 am

Original Quill wrote:
Syl wrote:

I know which thread we are in Quill....and when you made your post above you were not referring to the title of the thread you were referring to my post were you not??

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:01 pm

Syl wrote:
Jules wrote:
Yes.
Remember we all have feelings, not just you.
Also remember that if you come at me with a nasty attitude, I will boomerang it back at you, so you can see what it feels like.

Boomarang away, in the sure knowledge I wont drag up what's been said years down the line falsely  claiming I felt tortured by the whole thing. lol!

lol!

gelico
Forum Detective

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:11 pm

Syl wrote:Why is everyone suddenly banging on about rules?

Syl wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

I know which thread we are in Quill....and when you made your post above you were not referring to the title of the thread you were referring to my post were you not??

Just answering your question, m'lovely.  No remonstration...just: why we are talking about rules.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:20 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Syl wrote:Why is everyone suddenly banging on about rules?

Syl wrote:

Just answering your question, m'lovely.  No remonstration...just: why we are talking about rules.

Because m'andsome....Ben has made a new one. Laughing
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:22 pm

Syl wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

But I note, he hasn't changed this one. So, on-ward and up-ward. Wink

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:37 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Syl wrote:

But I note, he hasn't changed this one.  So, on-ward and up-ward.  Wink

As far as I know the only two words on filter are geranium and the recently added classy lady.

I agree with Eddie, Gels and Rags ....(even if it does seem I am contradicting myself somewhat) I am not really in favour of banning words....but then again why should any woman be subjected to that level of abuse because some half wit cant keep his cool?

Ideal scenario would be that posters post in the same way they would speak to someone face to face.
Obviously that doesn't happen here,  probably because there is considerably less chance of ending up in A&E hid behind a computer.  Wink
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:45 pm

Syl wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

But I note, he hasn't changed this one.  So, on-ward and up-ward.  Wink

As far as I know the only two words on filter are geranium and the recently added classy lady.

I agree with Eddie, Gels and Rags ....(even if it does seem I am contradicting myself somewhat) I am not really in favour of banning words....but then again why should any woman be subjected to that level of abuse because some half wit cant keep his cool?

Ideal scenario would be that posters post in the same way they would speak to someone face to face.
Obviously that doesn't happen here,  probably because there is considerably less chance of ending up in A&E hid behind a computer.  Wink

There are others, some quite silly and parochial. For example, if I want to talk about Sandra Bland, I get Sassy Bland. If I try to speak to Dean, I get The Devil You Know. And of course, any mention of Trump, will get something like 'horseshit, banana face, racist asshole'...or some such lot.

Do like I do...use italics to fool the machine.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:28 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Syl wrote:

There are others, some quite silly and parochial.  For example, if I want to talk about Sandra Bland, I get Sassy Bland.  If I try to speak to Dean, I get The Devil You Know.  And of course, any mention of Trump, will get something like 'horseshit, banana face, racist asshole'...or some such lot.

Trump works for me Quill....not literally obviously. Razz
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:13 pm

Syl wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

There are others, some quite silly and parochial.  For example, if I want to talk about Sandra Bland, I get Sassy Bland.  If I try to speak to Dean, I get The Devil You Know.  And of course, any mention of Trump, will get something like 'horseshit, banana face, racist asshole'...or some such lot.

Trump works for me Quill....not literally obviously. Razz

Yeah. I don't mind if Ben likes to play around. 'Cept when there is meaningful content in my words, and I won't be understood otherwise. But we all know about 'geranium'. Fewer of us know about 'The Devil You Know'. And 'Trump' changes, so it can be confusing.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:31 pm

It should be "The Devil, You Know" - with a comma.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:50 am

Raggamuffin wrote:It should be "The Devil, You Know" - with a comma.

Laughing Haha...mention it to Ben when you get a chance.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:22 am

Andy wrote:
But she has just awoken

Laughing

Too true, that...

The day that I see HT,  Syl,  Ragga' or gelico basemented for their regular cliqueish, misandrist, racist and nationalist bullying gang attacks on here..

Will be the day that I believe that Newsfix finally is applying fair and even moderating standards.
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:01 am

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
Andy wrote:
But she has just awoken

Laughing

Too true, that...

The day that I see HT,  Syl,  Ragga' or gelico basemented for their regular cliqueish, misandrist, racist and nationalist bullying gang attacks on here..

Will be the day that I believe that Newsfix finally is applying fair and even moderating standards.

How about you try something for me, Wolf.

You simply answer their posts without any insult, and see what happens. Answer them as though they are all just posters and not people you have chosen to dislike...and just see what happens.

Then we shall all see if all posters can be civil. Right?

Let’s all try it. Humour me.

eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:27 am

He's too insensitive to know it's himself that's at fault !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:43 am

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
Andy wrote:
But she has just awoken

Laughing

Too true, that...

Since none of us engage in that kind of thing, the moderating is fair. It's you who had two accounts banned.

You really need to stop lying.

Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:56 am

Original Quill wrote:
Syl wrote:

Please note -- a class of words we don't want to see here - Page 3 3489511464

I note that the delusional ol' Syl now reckons she would put somebody in hospital now, for simply telling some simple truth that she doesn't like...

What's Syl going to do ?   Sit on them and squish 'em flat if they don't run away from her usual bulldust insults and abuse ?
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:01 am

It's really quite simple.?.I tend to look more at the context and intent of the word than its actual meaning....So for one of wolfies juvenile outbursts , which generally contain little or nothing relevant to the thread or post to which he is replying, CLEARLY, the intent is just to be a basty nastard and let loose a mindless uneducated and puerile ichor of abuse. The slurs he uses are indeed different when abusing Male members as opposed to female ones, I suspect because he ain't bright enough to find sufficient for the men.
Likewise quill, with his targeted and deliberately poisonous attacks on nicko, he is however somewhat more loquacious and educated than Wolfe, but no less of a thug in his own way

Unless I'm told to do otherwise I will continue to mod based on what I consider the intent, obviously informed by Ben's new requirement.
If, like Wolfe you lack the moral fiber to self moderate, I will can you like a handful of beans
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:47 am

Right on Vic, these two are cowards who would never dare to say it to your face !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:51 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
Laughing

Too true, that...

Since none of us engage in that kind of thing, the moderating is fair. It's you who had two accounts banned.

You really need to stop lying.

Wolfie's categorisation of and attitude towards posters is really quite simple, Raggs: Unless you are a card-carrying supporter of the saintly Left (see his tedious catalogue of the virtuous, including himself, whenever he is bleating about posters being on some imaginary and fictitious mods' shit list) you are naturally a far Right, neo-con, Fascist, homophobe, racist (choose any adjective or even the whole lot) bastard who can get away with any transgression with impunity.

And it doesn't take more than a couple of tinnies of Foster's or a bad day at the bee hives to trigger him off into one of his own infantile racist and misogynistic rants.
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:21 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Please note -- a class of words we don't want to see here - Page 3 3489511464

I note that the delusional ol' Syl now reckons she would put somebody in hospital now, for simply telling some simple truth that she doesn't like...

What's Syl going to do ?   Sit on them and squish 'em flat if they don't run away from her usual bulldust insults and abuse ?

Lol...a stern look from a strong woman would send you running for the hills, wimp. lol!
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:00 pm

Fred M. wrote:[Unless you are left] you are naturally a far Right, neo-con, Fascist, homophobe, racist (choose any adjective or even the whole lot) bastard who can get away with any transgression with impunity.

Sounds about right, Fred. They don't call 'em RW knuckle draggers for nothing.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:10 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
Andy wrote:
But she has just awoken

Laughing

Too true, that...

not me, cos I'm a good girl, I am

and I think you're really a little poppet

flower

gelico
Forum Detective

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:19 pm

Razz Razz Hahaha...seriously, what is a 'poppet'? Any relation to a hobbit?

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:24 pm

something sweet and cute and angelic

Cool

gelico
Forum Detective

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:30 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Fred M. wrote:[Unless you are left] you are naturally a far Right, neo-con, Fascist, homophobe, racist (choose any adjective or even the whole lot) bastard who can get away with any transgression with impunity.

Sounds about right, Fred.  They don't call 'em RW knuckle draggers for nothing.

Bit of creative editing there, old boy!
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:47 pm

Fred Moletrousers wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Sounds about right, Fred.  They don't call 'em RW knuckle draggers for nothing.

I address the points that need addressing, and leave the gratuitous adjectives and adverbs on the cutting room floor.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:58 pm

@ Andy. How sweet of you to say what you said about me. Thanks. xx

It's NOT me who awarded you the greenie for it, tho. 
The smug mutual backslapping using greenies is a bit OTT sometimes. I wouldn't want to be guilty of something I find so nauseating when others do it.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:56 pm

Jules wrote:@ Andy. How sweet of you to say what you said about me. Thanks. xx

The smug mutual backslapping using greenies is a bit OTT sometimes. I wouldn't want to be guilty of something I find so nauseating when others do it.

I might have done that. I particularly enjoy Andy's limericks. We applaud at the end of a play; why not for a particularly good rhyme.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:37 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Fred Moletrousers wrote:

I address the points that need addressing, and leave the gratuitous adjectives and adverbs on the cutting room floor.

Ah, but editing in such a way as to represent the opinion of one poster as being the opinion of another is somewhat more advanced than leaving out "gratuitous" adjectives such as, er, "RW knuckle draggers".......
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:10 pm

It was my post. I only wanted that part of your post that described the RW'ers. I didn't borrow your "opinion", but your adjectives. It was my prerogative.

May I suggest: Strunk and White, The Elements of Style (1918).

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:11 pm

Perhaps you didn’t see this or perhaps you did and thought you’d ignore it but I’ll give it another go.

You simply answer their posts without any insult, and see what happens. Answer them as though they are all just posters and not people you have chosen to dislike...and just see what happens.

eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:15 pm

eddie wrote:Perhaps you didn’t see this or perhaps you did and thought you’d ignore it but I’ll give it another go.

You seem to be aiming this at everyone now. We all know that it's Wolf who is abusive. If he wasn't, I would be civil to him.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:17 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
eddie wrote:Perhaps you didn’t see this or perhaps you did and thought you’d ignore it but I’ll give it another go.

You seem to be aiming this at everyone now. We all know that it's Wolf who is abusive. If he wasn't, I would be civil to him.  

It’s my original post. There’s no “now”.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:20 pm

eddie wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Then it sucked the first time as well.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:50 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
eddie wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Then it sucked the first time as well.

Fair enough.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:15 pm

Original Quill wrote:

I might have done that.  I particularly enjoy Andy's limericks.  We applaud at the end of a play;

why not for a particularly good rhyme.

I was saying it would have been wrong if it had been ME who had given him the green, as a reward for praising me. It would have been too self serving.

But it's ok that it was you (or anyone else) who gave it, as there's no vested interest there. 
You did nothing wrong.
Sorry if my post came out wrong, Quill. Laughing

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:02 pm

Jules wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

I might have done that.  I particularly enjoy Andy's limericks.  We applaud at the end of a play;

why not for a particularly good rhyme.

I was saying it would have been wrong if it had been ME who had given him the green, as a reward for praising me. It would have been too self serving.

But it's ok that it was you (or anyone else) who gave it, as there's no vested interest there. 
You did nothing wrong.
Sorry if my post came out wrong, Quill. Laughing

You can give a green to someone who praises you. What’s wrong with that? Someone appreciates you, so just accept it and enjoy it.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:07 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:

uh?

eddie wrote

''How about you try something for me, Wolf. ''

how many of us are called wolf?

gelico
Forum Detective

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:11 pm

I just hope my limericks entertain and amuse.
I can make them up on the spot.
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:16 pm

Andy wrote:I just hope my limericks entertain and amuse.

i love your limericks, andy

you have a talent for them

gelico
Forum Detective

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:21 pm

gelico wrote:

i love your limericks, andy

you have a talent for them

Me too, I dont always agree with the sentiment but i appreciate the wit.. Cool
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:33 pm

Anything that someone writes from their head is appreciated by me. I like original thinkers.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:39 am

gelico wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

uh?

eddie wrote

''How about you try something for me, Wolf. ''

how many of us are called wolf?

I was referring to this part.

Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:55 am

Original Quill wrote:
Razz  Razz   Hahaha...seriously, what is a 'poppet'?  Any relation to a hobbit?

Basketball

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/poppet

https://youtu.be/cpWjF1NRfk8

cheers
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next