NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bride demands pals pay £2,260 each for the 'honour' of being part of her wedding

+2
Syl
eddie
6 posters

Go down

Bride demands pals pay £2,260 each for the 'honour' of being part of her wedding Empty Bride demands pals pay £2,260 each for the 'honour' of being part of her wedding

Post by eddie Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:19 am

Attending a wedding can end up being a pretty pricey affair.

You might incur costs for a new outfit for the occasion, a gift, travel and if there's not a free bar on the day - a lot of drinks.

That said, you wouldn't expect to spend a fortune on the whole thing unless you were the bride or groom.

But one woman has revealed that a friend getting married expected her closest pals to shell out more than £2,000 to be a part of her wedding.

Writing on Reddit's Bridezillas forum, the unnamed woman explained that the bride-to-be demanded her Maid of Honour and bridesmaids fork out for certain things as she'd bestowed upon them the "honour" of being in her wedding party.

This included them spending £316 on bridesmaid dresses each, £198 on hair and make-up each and roughly £900 per person for the hen do.

And when questioned about these expenses, the bride is said to have shrugged them off because it was "HER DAY".

She wrote: "First of all, she had an engagement party to kick off what is to be 10 months of constant celebrations leading up to the big day.

"This party was complete with personalised wine bottles for each of her selected bridesmaids and MOH.

"[The bridal party] were required to go dress shopping with her, then shoe shopping, then accessories shopping. Once she was able to find the perfect ensemble for her day, they were required to go shopping for their dresses and shoes and accessories. They were also required to have professional hair and make-up done."

After paying hundreds of pounds for their outfits, then came the over-the-top bachelorette party, which lasted a week and involved renting limos.

"She planned a week-long event that consisted of renting a luxurious house in Napa Valley, complete with limo rentals to go wine tasting for three days," the woman continues.

However at this point, the bride's long-term BFF decided enough was enough and complained about how much they had spent on her wedding.

"Bridezilla tells her point-blank, 'This is MY DAY and I'm the ONLY one that matters.'

"Fast-forward a few hours and Bridezilla kicks her out of the wedding (and the Napa trip obviously) and says she never wants to see her again. Another bridesmaid decided she'd had enough too and bailed out on the Napa trip."

At the end of the post, the woman broke down all of the costs the bridesmaids incurred, and the numbers will shock you:

"Attendant dresses $400, shoes $150, accessories $150, professional hair and makeup $250, Napa Valley house rental (per person for the week) $700, airfare round-trip $400, food/drinks for the week $700, limo rentals to go wine tasting (per person) $100 and one life-long friendship."

Many people were shocked by the costs of these things.

One person said: "Jesus for my sisters wedding we each paid $99 for Our dresses - we all did our own hair/makeup/nails. I don’t get why people feel the need to splurge so much for a one day ordeal."

A second commented: "How selfish do you have to be to demand so much time and money from the people you love, especially when you alone are dictating the cost?!?!"

A third added: "What a spoiled, entitled little f***ing brat."

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/weird-news/bride-demands-pals-pay-2260-16543076
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Bride demands pals pay £2,260 each for the 'honour' of being part of her wedding Empty Re: Bride demands pals pay £2,260 each for the 'honour' of being part of her wedding

Post by Syl Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:05 am

Silly cow, I'm surprised she had any pals in the first place with that sort of attitude.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Bride demands pals pay £2,260 each for the 'honour' of being part of her wedding Empty Re: Bride demands pals pay £2,260 each for the 'honour' of being part of her wedding

Post by eddie Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:07 am

Syl wrote:Silly cow, I'm surprised she had any pals in the first place with that sort of attitude.

I know! She sounds like she’s up her own arse.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:26 am

No mention of the Groom, wonder if he went through with it ?
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:42 pm

I'm always looking for excuses to beg out of weddings, anyway. Sounds a perfect excuse: Sorry, my welfare check hasn't come yet. Rolling Eyes

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:31 pm

Weddings are crazy. My daughter is getting married in 10 days or so in Vail. Why Vail? Beats me, we have never lived there. Her bachelorette party was in Vegas. Not sure why, but that's where they went. But, her and the hubby are writing most of the checks. But I'm guessing her bridesmaids will be out over a grand or two between flying to Vegas and Vail and other costs. Except for the youngest daughter. Me and her mama had to subsidize some of her travel costs.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:32 am

OP,
The long-suffering bridesmaids of these Bridezillas must sometimes be left wondering if they ought to take out a 2nd mortgage, just to make it thru the flipping wedding. 

It's not just the expense, there are other outlandish requests too. One bride insisted she did not want any clashing eye colours at her wedding. > https://news.yahoo.com/bride-considers-changing-bridesmaids-eye-colours-match-dresses-2-115222113.html

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:25 am

Maddog wrote:Weddings are crazy. My daughter is getting married in 10 days or so in Vail. Why Vail? Beats me, we have never lived there. Her bachelorette party was in Vegas. Not sure why, but that's where they went. But, her and the hubby are writing most of the checks. But I'm guessing her bridesmaids will be out over a grand or two between flying to Vegas and Vail and other costs. Except for the youngest daughter. Me and her mama had to subsidize some of her travel costs.      

I sympathize. But my daughter chose to get married in Lucca. Vail is just up the road from you.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:08 pm

Anyone idiot who spends thousands on getting married isn’t really getting married, she’s just having a big show.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:10 pm

eddie wrote:Anyone idiot who spends thousands on getting married isn’t really getting married, she’s just having a big show.

https://www.nerdwallet.com/blog/finance/how-much-does-a-wedding-cost/
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:51 pm

Erm, what is your link proving, exactly?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:06 pm

eddie wrote:Erm, what is your link proving, exactly?

That spending thousands is typical.

Obviously, not necessary.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:20 pm

Maddog wrote:

So true. RW'ers just make shit up. Trump, for example.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:30 pm

Maddog wrote:Weddings are crazy. My daughter is getting married in 10 days or so in Vail. Why Vail? Beats me, we have never lived there. Her bachelorette party was in Vegas. Not sure why, but that's where they went. But, her and the hubby are writing most of the checks. But I'm guessing her bridesmaids will be out over a grand or two between flying to Vegas and Vail and other costs. Except for the youngest daughter. Me and her mama had to subsidize some of her travel costs.      

Congratulations to her....hope you all have a great day.

Bride demands pals pay £2,260 each for the 'honour' of being part of her wedding Weddin10
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:10 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Maddog wrote:

So true.  RW'ers just make shit up.  Trump, for example.

Was the woman in the OP marrying Trump? He’s not only a coke-sniffing rapist* but a bigamist too? Shocked

*Disclaimer: I have no idea if he’s any of those things but “they” say it so it must be true.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:17 pm

eddie wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Was the woman in the OP marrying Trump? He’s not only a coke-sniffing rapist* but a bigamist too? Shocked

*Disclaimer: I have no idea if he’s any of those things but “they” say it so it must be true.

Your arguing the example, and missing the point.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:46 pm

Original Quill wrote:
eddie wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

And you’re going on about Trump. Again. Rolling Eyes
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:03 pm

My dad always used to say that when a couple spends too much on a showy wedding they are likely to spend the first year fighting due to  financial stress. Year One is difficult anyway as it's a time of adjustment. https://www.brides.com/story/the-first-year-of-marriage-is-tough

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:55 pm

eddie wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

He has TDS.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:28 am

Maddog wrote:
eddie wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

He has TDS.  

Trump D..... Syndrome?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down