NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New 'novel' edition of Anne Frank diary is 'what she wanted'

Go down

New 'novel' edition of Anne Frank diary is 'what she wanted' Empty New 'novel' edition of Anne Frank diary is 'what she wanted'

Post by Guest Sun May 12, 2019 6:30 am

For seven decades, the diary of Anne Frank has given the world an intimate and moving account of daily life under Nazi occupation through the eyes of a Jewish schoolgirl in hiding.

But now, the actual account the teenage girl herself had wanted published in novel form has been released for the first time.

The book, called Liebe Kitty - or Dear Kitty, named after the imaginary friend she wrote to - is published only in Germany, Austria and Switzerland due to copyright laws. It has been welcomed as a fascinating insight into the literary aspirations of the talented schoolgirl.

It differs subtly from the version of her diary - translated into more than 60 languages - that is so well known today and was published after her father, Otto, merged her original diary, started when she was 13, with the more polished version she had worked on before she was captured by the Gestapo.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/05/11/anne-frank-novel-reveals-schoolgirls-literary-skills/

Back to top Go down

New 'novel' edition of Anne Frank diary is 'what she wanted' Empty Re: New 'novel' edition of Anne Frank diary is 'what she wanted'

Post by Cass Sun May 12, 2019 6:43 am

I can’t wait to get my hands on a English translation. I’ve been fortunate enough to visit the Annex 3 times. It’s overwhelming.

There is a good book out out by the son of one of the helpers, Bep, who in the diary is referred to as Ellie. Miso also published a very good book about this time as well.

I believe Otto was truly trying to shield his family’s issues and protect the memories of his his wife and daughters and if the others both in the Annex and the helpers. Back then airing your family issues was not the done thing. I wished he hadn’t edited or excised so much as a history nerd, but I understand his reasoning. He was an intensely private man and after what he had been through as well.

I’m so very glad that the diary and subject are still taught in schools. I’ve recommended it to a lot of my teen patrons and their reactions are the same as mine when I was their age.
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

New 'novel' edition of Anne Frank diary is 'what she wanted' Empty Re: New 'novel' edition of Anne Frank diary is 'what she wanted'

Post by Guest Sun May 12, 2019 6:49 am

Cass wrote:I can’t wait to get my hands on a English translation. I’ve been fortunate enough to visit the Annex 3 times. It’s overwhelming.

There is a good book out out by the son of one of the helpers, Bep, who in the diary is referred to as Ellie. Miso also published a very good book about this time as well.

I believe Otto was truly trying to shield his family’s issues and protect the memories of his his wife and daughters and if the others both in the Annex and the helpers. Back then airing your family issues was not the done thing. I wished he hadn’t edited or excised so much as a history nerd, but I understand his reasoning. He was an intensely private man and after what he had been through as well.

I’m so very glad that the diary and subject are still taught in schools. I’ve recommended it to a lot of my teen patrons and their reactions are the same as mine when I was their age.

I will definately get when out and to me its utterly so important to continue thios being taught in school

I posted a thread about a new documentry, that uses instsgram to relive the true story of a child during the Holocaust

When you have a chance you should watch me lady

Its very powerful and whilst some people have complained, I think this helps make this more understandable to a new generation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aFdQV01200

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 12, 2019 6:59 am

Based on a true story
In memory of the 6 million Jews murdered in the Holocaust

https://www.instagram.com/eva.stories/?hl=en

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 12, 2019 7:10 am

“Eva.Stories” is based on the diaries of a 13-year-old Hungarian Jew, Eva Heyman, who was murdered in Auschwitz in 1944. The series — the brainchild of an Israeli hi-tech billionaire — consists of more than 70 short clips, shot as if they were recorded by Eva in real-time on a mobile phone, and uploaded to her social media account.

https://www.thejc.com/comment/columnists/eva-stories-the-instagram-sensation-bringing-the-holocaust-to-life-1.483938

It so harrowing watching this, but I truely hope others watch this video

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Sun May 12, 2019 7:15 am

I will watch tomorrow Didge as it’s after 11 and I’m knackered after a day of doing errands and then taking mum out for dinner tonight. Fried shrimp mmmmm. Sorry about yesterday’s pizza Razz

Night x
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 12, 2019 7:20 am

Cass wrote:I will watch tomorrow Didge as it’s after 11 and I’m knackered after a day of doing errands and then taking mum out for dinner tonight. Fried shrimp mmmmm. Sorry about yesterday’s pizza Razz

Night x

Ahh bless you for tkaing care of your mother tonight

Enjoy your rest and day later together

Be warned, you will need plenty of tissues to watch this

I can admit, I sobbed like a baby watching this. It really brings home the horror in how many victims went through this

Night

x

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down