NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How World Hijab Day Harms Women

Go down

How World Hijab Day Harms Women Empty How World Hijab Day Harms Women

Post by Guest Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:13 pm

Nazma Khan founded World Hijab Day in 2013, and No Hijab Day began in response not long after. FreeInHijab also has a counter campaign in #FreeFromHijab. Muslims and non-Muslims exist on both sides of this issue. My ex-Muslim guests, Mimzy Vidz, Zara Kay, and Yasmine Mohammed, all oppose embracing the hijab with World Hijab Day as I do. Hijab is a tool of oppression, used to suppress women's rights for centuries. In the west, many of those on the left, including Muslim feminists and progressives, would have you believe otherwise. Protesters in Iran and testimonies from Saudi Arabian refugees constantly proclaim that hijab is not a choice, it oppresses women, and imposing it with Islamic law needs to stop.

Back to top Go down

How World Hijab Day Harms Women Empty Re: How World Hijab Day Harms Women

Post by Guest Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:29 pm

Thor wrote:Nazma Khan founded World Hijab Day in 2013, and No Hijab Day began in response not long after. FreeInHijab also has a counter campaign in #FreeFromHijab. Muslims and non-Muslims exist on both sides of this issue. My ex-Muslim guests, Mimzy Vidz, Zara Kay, and Yasmine Mohammed, all oppose embracing the hijab with World Hijab Day as I do. Hijab is a tool of oppression, used to suppress women's rights for centuries. In the west, many of those on the left, including Muslim feminists and progressives, would have you believe otherwise. Protesters in Iran and testimonies from Saudi Arabian refugees constantly proclaim that hijab is not a choice, it oppresses women, and imposing it with Islamic law needs to stop.

I have said this many, many times.

Why are not Muslim women who claim through choice to wear the Hijab. Not standing in solidarity with their Muslim sisters, forced to wear in countries like Iran. By refusing to wear the Hijab, until these countries stop forcing women to wear them?

The answer is plainly simple. Those who claim to chose to wear, actually believe that women should wear. Based on the fact they believe they will suffer in an afterlife if they do not. Hence why they will not stand up for the rights of Muslim women that are being oppressed and forced to wear. As in reality, they believe women should cover up. It shows the real double standard here and why I agree with the sentiments in presented in the video.

Laters everyone

Back to top Go down