NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How I lost interest in fantasy baseball

2 posters

NewsFix :: Sport :: Sport

Go down

How I lost interest in fantasy baseball Empty How I lost interest in fantasy baseball

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:47 pm

I've been playing fantasy baseball since the early 2000s, and it's something I look forward to every year. I've won a few league championships and had a lot of great teams. I actually won last year, actually.

But this year, actually in the middle of a winning season, I completely lost interest in it. Here's how that happened.

I had edds and our daughter down for two weeks, spanning the early part of July. We got married during that time, which edds may want to write about so I'm not going to do it just yet.

What I remember just as well as taking those vows is spending two weeks as a husband and a dad to my own new family. It was without a doubt the best two weeks I've ever lived in my 43 years.

We didn't do anything out of the ordinary. We just did stuff like taking our daughter with some new friends she'd made to the playground, or going to a science museum, or to the zoo, or out for dinner. Things people do all the time with their families.

You might say it's just because I want it but I usually can't have it, but I don't think that's it. It just felt like I was exactly where I wanted to be, with exactly the two loving people who I adore and wanted to be with, doing exactly what I wanted. It just all fit together in perfect happiness.

And I didn't give a crap about winning my fantasy baseball league anymore.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

How I lost interest in fantasy baseball Empty Re: How I lost interest in fantasy baseball

Post by eddie Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:51 pm

Wow. You just really sometimes just say stuff...and I am supposed to be the mouthy one.

Dude. You really are...you know?
You’re just.

By the way, had I been in that fantasy football league I’d have kicked your arse. I always win bets.

eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

How I lost interest in fantasy baseball Empty Re: How I lost interest in fantasy baseball

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:52 pm

eddie wrote:Wow. You just really sometimes just say stuff...and I am supposed to be the mouthy one.

Dude. You really are...you know?
You’re just.

By the way, had I been in that fantasy football league I’d have kicked your arse. I always win bets.

It's baseball, and you would not have, because I am the Master of Disaster at fantasy baseball.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:53 pm

Baseball, football. Matters not.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down