NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chef who boasted she had spiked a vegan customers meal with meat....

+9
'Wolfie
Cass
JulesV
HoratioTarr
Maddog
eddie
Vintage
nicko
Syl
13 posters

Go down

Chef who boasted she had spiked a vegan customers meal with meat.... Empty Chef who boasted she had spiked a vegan customers meal with meat....

Post by Syl Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:49 pm

...has had to call in police because she is receiving death threats. Evil or Very Mad

I think the fact that her post went viral and her restaurant ratings dropped over night would have sufficed surely.
Trip advisor ratings have dropped for 4* to 1* because people have rushed to give the restaurant she co-owns bad reviews.

"Laura Goodman co-owns the Carlini Italian restaurant in Shifnal, Shropshire
Posting to Facebook, she bragged about 'spiking' a vegan group with meat
Her partner, Mike Gale, says they have been receiving death threats 
A demonstration by Telford Vegan Action is calling for it to be shut down"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5227937/Shropshire-chef-claims-spiked-vegan-meat.html?ITO=1490
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Chef who boasted she had spiked a vegan customers meal with meat.... Empty Re: Chef who boasted she had spiked a vegan customers meal with meat....

Post by nicko Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:59 pm

" Vegan Action" ? Is that real?
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Chef who boasted she had spiked a vegan customers meal with meat.... Empty Re: Chef who boasted she had spiked a vegan customers meal with meat....

Post by Syl Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:01 pm

Probably....people take these things very seriously.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:31 pm

What a stupid thing to do, didn't she think there'd be consequences, a bit stupid to brag about it and rather mean to have done it anyway, she was still making money out of the vegan customers. I wonder if she'd consider spiking someone meal with peanuts if they ask for allergy free meals.

Last edited by Vintage on Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:33 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : second thoughts)

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:39 pm

Vintage wrote:What a stupid thing to do, didn't she think there'd be consequences, a bit stupid to brag about it and rather mean to have done it anyway, she was still making money out of the vegan customers. I wonder if she'd consider spiking someone meal with peanuts if they ask for allergy free meals.

Well said and I totally agree, it was downright spitefully mean.

I have one further point to add: Once you give up meat, believe me, you can taste the animal fat in almost anything that has it in (jelly literally tastes like strawberry-flavoured animal fat, milk tastes so fatty it's unreal). Any meat stock would be strong enough to make vegans aware immediately if their food was spiked.

I mean, I'm not kidding here! I'm pretty sure they'd taste any meat product...how come it wasn't raised by them?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:40 pm

She is grovelling now....too little too late, and she must be nasty to have done it in the first place.
I doubt her restaurant will stay open, people don't forget things like this.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:22 pm

What's a vegan restaurant? Wink
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:17 pm

eddie wrote:
Vintage wrote:What a stupid thing to do, didn't she think there'd be consequences, a bit stupid to brag about it and rather mean to have done it anyway, she was still making money out of the vegan customers. I wonder if she'd consider spiking someone meal with peanuts if they ask for allergy free meals.

Well said and I totally agree, it was downright spitefully mean.

I have one further point to add: Once you give up meat, believe me, you can taste the animal fat in almost anything that has it in (jelly literally tastes like strawberry-flavoured animal fat, milk tastes so fatty it's unreal).  Any meat stock would be strong enough to make vegans aware immediately if their food was spiked.

I mean, I'm not kidding here! I'm pretty sure they'd taste any meat product...how come it wasn't raised by them?

Off topic - but i love your hair colour eddie . My son's ex coloured hers the same in the summer it was a semi-permanent . She went in the pool and likes swimming under water - well the water went all frothy lol .

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:37 pm

Thank you Vod. It's actually a return to my old colour from years ago, I was always red.

Mine isn't semi-permanent, I never do things halfway.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:51 pm

eddie wrote:Thank you Vod. It's actually a return to my old colour from years ago, I was always red.

Mine isn't semi-permanent, I never do things halfway.

You'd be fine in my swimming pool then Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:53 pm

Syl wrote:She is grovelling now....too little too late, and she must be nasty to have done it in the first place.

I read that the diner ordered away from the vegan menu and the offending item was a pizza with mozarella.   No meat involved.  People, as usual, ar using social media to twist things round to their own agenda.   Mind you, the chef should have kept off social media and not posted anything at all.  Unprofessional and bad for business even if she hadn't offended anyone.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:18 am

HoratioTarr wrote:
Syl wrote:She is grovelling now....too little too late, and she must be nasty to have done it in the first place.

I read that the diner ordered away from the vegan menu and the offending item was a pizza with mozarella.   No meat involved.  People, as usual, ar using social media to twist things round to their own agenda.   Mind you, the chef should have kept off social media and not posted anything at all.  Unprofessional and bad for business even if she hadn't offended anyone.

She was stupid, she is blaming her long hours, her tiredness, and booze.

Posting death threats to her so the police have to get involved is a sad sign of the times though....just avoiding eating at her place if this upsets you should be enough surely.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:35 am

I'm not a veggie but I feel strongly about this.

Trust is crucial in a job where you offer food to strangers. Adding an ingredient which the customer objects to and then proudly boasting about it?? What a liberty! No

And remember a person's system could react badly to an ingredient they're not used to. Some people have genuine allergy to meat protein.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:05 am

What a stupid woman. She doesn’t deserve death threats but her own fault if she loses her restaurant. As someone with a food allergy you don’t muck about with food you are selling to others. What a complete dumbass to put it on social media too.
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:09 am

Cass wrote:What a stupid woman. She doesn’t deserve death threats but her own fault if she loses her restaurant. As someone with a food allergy you don’t muck about with food you are selling to others. What a complete dumbass to put it on social media too.

Or you could actually see what she has accomplished here.

She has thus deterred many vegitarians, whilst plugging her Restaurant. As a meat feast.

This was not dumb, but premeditated

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:17 am

Didge wrote:
Cass wrote:What a stupid woman. She doesn’t deserve death threats but her own fault if she loses her restaurant. As someone with a food allergy you don’t muck about with food you are selling to others. What a complete dumbass to put it on social media too.

She has thus deterred many vegitarians, whilst plugging her Restaurant. As a meat feast.

I doubt it...she has ruined the reputation of the restaurant...if I was her business partner I would get rid quick.
Trip advisor and other feedback sites can make or break reputations of places to eat, stay etc....and the ratings of her restaurant have plummeted since with all the bad reviews.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:23 am

Didge wrote:

There is no way that I would recommend her restaurant to anybody, even if it was my favorite place in the world after this, and I would make sure all my family and friends knew too.

You do not mess with people’s food. End of story.
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:22 am

Suspect

She's an idiot for deliberately contaminating food that she's preparing...

And double the fool to then go and arrogantly boast about her stupidity on social media..

Just goes to prove that one doesn't need brains, standards or morals to open a restaraunt. Though, the way that some of them charge..
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:46 am

Syl wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

She was stupid, she is blaming her long hours, her tiredness, and booze.

Posting death threats to her so the police have to get involved is a sad sign of the times though....just avoiding eating at her place if this upsets you should be enough surely.

The level of viciousness is quite breathtaking. How does anyone know if the person who ordered the mozzarella pizza isn't vegan? If you're vegan you know what you can eat or not, so I don't imagine that person was so stupid that she didn't know it wasn't a vegan cheese. People have hooked onto the word 'spiked' and run with it mercilessly. It won't matter now what the truth is, she's been tarred and feathered and that's that. Reminds me a bit of forums where people know your age and continually bash you for being old...even though we all get old! She made a mistake, ffs.

Another hard lesson in steering clear of social media when you're pissed.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:28 pm

Chef who boasted she had spiked a vegan customers meal with meat.... 47B117FC00000578-5227937-It_has_since_received_a_barrage_of_one_star_reviews_dragging_the-a-29_1514945344254

The blanked out word was C***.
Pissed or not you should never talk publicly about your customers like that.

Its reported she now feels suicidal, a HUGE over reaction by everyone.....another downside to social media.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:25 pm

Syl wrote:Chef who boasted she had spiked a vegan customers meal with meat.... 47B117FC00000578-5227937-It_has_since_received_a_barrage_of_one_star_reviews_dragging_the-a-29_1514945344254

The blanked out word was C***.
Pissed or not you should never talk publicly about your customers like that.

Its reported she now feels suicidal, a HUGE over reaction by everyone.....another downside to social media.

Well, she's managed to ruin her business with her arrogance. A harsh lesson but hardly deserving of death wishes.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:17 pm

Maddog wrote:What's a vegan restaurant?    Wink

It's a chain from the planet Vega.
Lurker
Lurker
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Miffs2 Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:19 pm

She has resigned her job.
Miffs2
Miffs2
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:20 pm

Miffs2 wrote:She has resigned her job.

Yes I saw. And taking time to clear her head.

She’ll find it hard to get another chef’s job. Oh well.
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by harvesmom Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:50 pm

I don't think she actually did anything wrong....until she decided to take to social media tired, and drunk.
As I understand it she had spent hours preparing vegan dishes then someone from the group ordered a pizza topped with mozzarella. No spiking, no deceit, no meat, just a pissed off chef.
To compound the problem, instead of shutting up and logging off she then engaged in a serious of arguments on the restaurants facebook page and got very abusive towards people.
I don't see how she can resign anyway since she is part owner of the restaurants. She will just be replaced in the kitchen till it all blows over.  I don't have a lot of sympathy though, you cant treat customers like that and expect to stay in business.
harvesmom
harvesmom
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Miffs2 Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:56 pm

My boss told me her daughter saw a great tweet at Christmas wishing peace and happiness to all except the fucking vegans! Laughing
Miffs2
Miffs2
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:21 am

harvesmom wrote:I don't think she actually did anything wrong....until she decided to take to social media tired, and drunk.
As I understand it she had spent hours preparing vegan dishes then someone from the group ordered a pizza topped with mozzarella. No spiking, no deceit, no meat, just a pissed off chef.
To compound the problem, instead of shutting up and logging off she then engaged in a serious of arguments on the restaurants facebook page and got very abusive towards people.
I don't see how she can resign anyway since she is part owner of the restaurants. She will just be replaced in the kitchen till it all blows over.  I don't have a lot of sympathy though, you cant treat customers like that and expect to stay in business.

Apparently the restaurant has a board to whom she tendered her resignation. They could demand she resign. She may own just 1% of the restaurant. They also stated that they had a pre-planned recruitment drive to find an additional chef already in place.

That sounds very much like full speed damage control on the part of the board.

There is actually a vegan mozzarella. Maybe that person in the party wasn’t a vegan?

But like I said, I don’t feel sorry for her.
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by harvesmom Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:55 am

Cass wrote:
harvesmom wrote:I don't think she actually did anything wrong....until she decided to take to social media tired, and drunk.

Apparently the restaurant has a board to whom she tendered her resignation. They could demand she resign. She may own just 1% of the restaurant. They also stated that they had a pre-planned recruitment drive to find an additional chef already in place.

There is actually a vegan mozzarella. Maybe that person in the party wasn’t a vegan?

I THINK the pre planned recruitment drive was for their other restaurant, I could be wrong though. Just picked that up off social media.

There seems to be only 3 shareholders for the 2 restaurants anyway, her and her fiance and 1 other, according to Companies House she hasnt officially resigned as yet. Mind you the business has a net worth of -£10k so I doubt any of them will be trading for much longer with or without her!

It smacks of a desperate "any publicity is good publicity" to me. Do or die!
harvesmom
harvesmom
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:04 am

harvesmom wrote:
Cass wrote:

I THINK the pre planned recruitment drive was for their other restaurant, I could be wrong though. Just picked that up off social media.

There seems to be only 3 shareholders for the 2 restaurants anyway, her and her fiance and 1 other, according to Companies House she hasnt officially resigned as yet. Mind you the business has a net worth of -£10k so I doubt any of them will be trading for much longer with or without her!

It smacks of a desperate "any publicity is good publicity" to me. Do or die!

Yeah those figures are not exactly great. Probably the final straw. Which is sad for the others involved who will most likely be unemployed and out a lot of money.

Social media meltdowns are not a good business action plan!
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:09 pm

It takes years to build a business up and now, with the aid of social media, seconds to ruin it.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:15 pm

Syl wrote:It takes years to build a business up and now, with the aid of social media, seconds to ruin it.

No, it's not social media who can ruin a 'someone' - it's a person's actions that can ruin them. Don't do fuckeries and expect to get away with it.

eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:45 pm

eddie wrote:
Syl wrote:It takes years to build a business up and now, with the aid of social media, seconds to ruin it.

No, it's not social media who can ruin a 'someone' - it's a person's actions that can ruin them.  Don't do fuckeries and expect to get away with it.

Initially she was stupid, no denying that, but before social media her comments wouldn't have spread like wildfire enabling every Tom Dick and Harry to throw in their two cents worth.

So yes....with the aid of social media, a business can be ruined in hours.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:02 pm

Syl wrote:
eddie wrote:

No, it's not social media who can ruin a 'someone' - it's a person's actions that can ruin them.  Don't do fuckeries and expect to get away with it.

Initially she was stupid, no denying that, but before social media her comments wouldn't have spread like wildfire enabling every Tom Dick and Harry to throw in their two cents worth.

Good. If you're gonna do bad business then your shit should be spread like muck so people can avoid you.

She's a bitch and not fit to run a responsible business. As someone said, you don't fuck about with people's food.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:21 pm

eddie wrote:
Syl wrote:

Good. If you're gonna do bad business then your shit should be spread like muck so people can avoid you.

She's a bitch and not fit to run a responsible business. As someone said, you don't fuck about with people's food.

I agree entirely with your last paragraph, Eddie. Milady is a passionate though, thank God given my liking for bacon butties, neither judgemental nor intolerant vegetarian, and I know the genuine anguish that would result from her finding out that she had eaten meat as a result of either malice or misunderstanding.

But the problem with the social media is that for every guilty party exposed and publicly castigated, or even ruined. there must be hundreds that are damaged psychologically and financially as a result of intentional mendacity and malice.
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:27 pm

If you ever read trip advisor (and similar ) reviews, you will know that some people can be incredibly stupid in their complaints...but others read them and can be influenced.
Add to that fake reviews by someone who may hold a grudge unconnected with the service a business provides, and I think its very obvious that social media can make or break a businee very quickly.

I'm not sticking up for this woman, but the reaction by some people (death threats which has reportedly driven  her to talk of suicide) far outweighs what she actually did...she hasn't bloody murdered anyone.  Rolling Eyes
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down