NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Liberal's Election Campaign ad Mocked online

2 posters

Go down

Liberal's Election Campaign ad Mocked online Empty Liberal's Election Campaign ad Mocked online

Post by veya_victaous Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:23 am

http://www.news.com.au/national/federal-election/faketradie-the-response-to-the-coalitions-latest-election-ad-has-been-savage/news-story/2ac2425d8dbf70b91d09fcc891740920

The federal Coalition has released a new election ad and it’s... well... quite a doozy.

The 30-second video accuses the Labor Party of waging a war on business, featuring a piece-to-camera monologue from a pleasant-but-downcast tradie expressing concern over a Bill Shorten government.

“Let me get this right, Mr Shorten wants to go to war with my bank,” begins the t̶r̶a̶d̶i̶e̶ random bloke in an orange vest.

“He wants to go to war with our miners. Bill Shorten even wants to go to war with someone like me...” - we now zoom in on the man’s face to really drive home the earnesty of his words - “who just wants to get ahead through an investment property!”

You can tell he’s sincere because he is decked out in a blingy silver wrist chain and ceramic sky-blue mug - the two iconic staples of the Common Man.

“Well!” he goes on. “I’ll tell you what happens when you get a war going on the economy, people like me lose their jobs!”

We’re now having flashbacks to that deadpan apology-hostage video Johnny Depp and Amber Heard released for Barnaby Joyce.

“So I reckon we should just see it through and stick with the current mob for a while.”

It’s all just so uncomfortably staged to the point where you’ve got to question if - with just a fortnight to go before the election vote - our pollies have outright given up.

Opposition Leader Bill Shorten responded to the ad in a press conference with a juicy, juicy zinger, saying: “The problem with the Liberal ad is exactly the same problem with Mr Turnbull – Australians can spot a fake when they see one.”

In true social media style, Twitter users have ripped into the Liberal Party advertisement, with the hashtag #Faketradie trending on Twitter shortly after it first aired last night.

From questioning the sense in holding a ceramic mug on a building site to the confusing choice of wearing silver chains on each wrist (OK, one’s a watch, but still) there was no holding back.

Advert and Memes at source
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Liberal's Election Campaign ad Mocked online Empty Re: Liberal's Election Campaign ad Mocked online

Post by veya_victaous Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:24 am

I am so Glad most people found his ad so fake it is just annoying relieved
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Liberal's Election Campaign ad Mocked online Empty Re: Liberal's Election Campaign ad Mocked online

Post by 'Wolfie Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:27 am

Liberal's Election Campaign ad Mocked online 1763903427

I'VE worked with a few genuine tradies over the years...
AND, to be quite blunt, that ad' is quite insulting...

1.  He is clearly a model (goiter, and all..), not a "tradie"..
2. Tradies don't dress like that on worksites (anymore) !  He looks like something from the 1980s..
3.  THAT power saw behind him is either a handyman model, or an older (retired..) model -- you don't see genuine tradies using something that light on proper worksites these days..
4.  That screened area behind him looks like a dump site, not a construction site --  I suspect the Lib's filmed that at the back of a building or demolition site, out of hours...
5.  As for the wrist ornaments -- that speaks for itself..

JUST to make it look like they're on a worksite..
TYPICAL L-NP staged "class warfare" style attack on genuine workers !          Liberal's Election Campaign ad Mocked online 2787774761
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:55 am

THE unions have weighed into the #FakeTradie debate, putting out their own ad criticising the Liberal Party’s policies.

Last night, CFMEU boss John Setka posted the video in a tweet saying, “Malcolm Turnbull left something out of his dodgy ad, #RealTradies”.

The ad is actually more poignant than piss-take, featuring tradies at various work stations holding up signs reading things like “You want to cut our wages” and “Your trade deals are replacing real tradies with overseas exploited workers”.

It also takes aim at plans to bring back Australian Building and Construction Commission and the prospect of privatising Medicare.

http://www.news.com.au/national/federal-election/faketradie-the-response-to-the-coalitions-latest-election-ad-has-been-savage/news-story/2ac2425d8dbf70b91d09fcc891740920
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:22 am

Laughing

EVEN that Liberal Party stooge in that advert' himself,  can't even lie straight !!!

A "welder" is not a tradie...
It is a job description..
( IF he had been a qualified "tradie" in a former life, it could have been something like a fabricator, blacksmith, boilermaker, sheet metal worker -- they are the genuine trade description.
"Welder" is not -- I did a 'rural welding' course part-time at TAFE back in the late 1980s..  That makes me a ""welder" --  but by no means does it in any way make me a "tradie"..
And I wouldn't refer to myself as such..).

Having a contractors "ticket" (not a "license" or certificate, as such -- as the journalist misrepresented it.. ) doesn't make one a genuine "tradie", either..  It simply allows one onto a construction site -- much the same as my construction site ticket (the infamous "green" ticket - which actually changed to purple, and have probably changed again in recent years..) would have allowed me onto building sites, to work in a semi-skilled job such as a builders labourer or T/A..

HENCE why I consider that Lib' advert to be so insulting to those genuine tradesmen out there --  those who had to do 4 year apprenticeship and pass exams to qualify, and then are expected to clock up a few thousand hours of practical experience to be considered as reasonably expert or a craftsman level "tradie"...

BY the way he looks and talks - along with him living in north Sydney - he's more likely to be a boss or admin'/office worker, with one of the many contracting companies out there these days.  

NO genuine working welder would keep his wrist jewellery on, on a worksite (and especially not a flash watch..) --  there's simply too many associated risks..
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:35 am

they are white cards now.

Agree a laborer and a tradie are not the same thing and this guy is an actor not even a laborer Rolling Eyes

You got wonder who they think they are talkign too with these ads
"Just a knockabout bloke who loves a multinational bank and a negative gear. 
And a war. #faketradie "

Any 'Aussie' that defends the bank is a Filithy Lying fraud as no Aussie would do such a thing NOT even bankers defend the banks... Wink
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:36 am

And the watch is apparently worth 6 grand!!!! Liberal's Election Campaign ad Mocked online 1399249160

Most tradies use the Phone for a clock, defintily not wearing 6 grand time piece on a work site Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down