NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just to clarify a few things, yet again

+8
HoratioTarr
'Wolfie
Major
Original Quill
Victorismyhero
Fuzzy Zack
Raggamuffin
eddie
12 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Just to clarify a few things, yet again  Empty Just to clarify a few things, yet again

Post by eddie Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:36 pm

Personal threads are not allowed.
If you keep making them, you'll be in restricted access.

Please post relevant news topics in relevant sections.

JOKES ARE NOT CONSIDERED NEWS.

If topics are repeatedly posted in the wrong sections due to laziness or other, the topic will be deleted.

Personal attacks are not permitted: certain words are banned; If you can't remember what they are then please PM an admin.

If personal attacks keep happening the guilty poster will be restricted to basement access only.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Just to clarify a few things, yet again  Empty Re: Just to clarify a few things, yet again

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:39 pm

Can I just clarify what the situation is with the word "nazi"? I'm sure there was a thread ages ago where it was said that it shouldn't be used.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Just to clarify a few things, yet again  Empty Re: Just to clarify a few things, yet again

Post by eddie Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:40 pm

Hi rags, No it shouldn't be used but I can't remember if it was a banned word.

Perhaps Ben will clarify.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:40 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:Can I just clarify what the situation is with the word "nazi"? I'm sure there was a thread ages ago where it was said that it shouldn't be used.

And the word Retarded

The word Bitch

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:41 pm

Bitch hasn't been banned as far as I know
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:43 pm

eddie wrote:Bitch hasn't been banned as far as I know

It is derogative when used as a view against men homophobic and when used against women so I expect when I report this you stamp down on this and the same with retarded as its abelism

Start showing some balance as now i am going to report any discriminating abuse

Last edited by Didge on Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:43 pm

What about "skank" or "spastic"?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:45 pm

It's not just individual words, it the general context and repetitive nature of the abuse, like this sort of thing.

lol the nazi still trying to excuse it speaks of the territories which are controlled by the Palestinian authorities, not Israel, so nice try nazi scum, but you are a lying twat

It's just the same thing day after day.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:47 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:It's not just individual words, it the general context and repetitious nature of the abuse, like this sort of thing.

lol the nazi still trying to excuse it speaks of the territories which are controlled by the Palestinian authorities, not Israel, so nice try nazi scum, but you are a lying twat

It's just the same thing day after day.

Well maybe the forum should clamp down on the antisemitism

Which you think calling someone a nazi is far worse

She is a nazi and I will not deter whilst she spouts hate oif the jews

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:48 pm

Perhaps you could all find ways of communicating that don't require you calling eachother names?

It's just a thought.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:49 pm

eddie wrote:Perhaps you could all find ways of communicating that don't require you calling eachother names?

It's just a thought.

That won't work with Didge - he can't post without abusing someone.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:49 pm

eddie wrote:Perhaps you could all find ways of communicating that don't require you calling eachother names?

It's just a thought.

Well as this forum allows blatant antisemitism and does zero about it, I think its high time that admin did something about how racism is being allowed freely on here to stand

So if something is posted with intent of hate against Jews it will be reported as I am sick of the left wing bias allow racism to stand on here

For too long that racist scum gets away with murder

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:50 pm

Rags you can be abusive yourself, you know.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:50 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:

It's just a thought.

That won't work with Didge - he can't post without abusing someone.

Which proves you are shit stirring, again

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:52 pm

eddie wrote:Rags you can be abusive yourself, you know.

Only after being abused several times. Didge is abusive as soon as anyone posts if he doesn't agree with them. He even got abusive on a thread about shoes versus boots. I'm going to report him every time he does it now - he's disrupting the forum.

I don't often agree with Sassy, but this "nazi scum" business is getting very old and tired, and I think it should stop.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:53 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:

Only after being abused several times. Didge is abusive as soon as anyone posts if he doesn't agree with them. He even got abusive on a thread about shoes versus boots. I'm going to report him every time he does it now - he's disrupting the forum.

I don't often agree with Sassy, but this "nazi scum" business is getting very old and tired, and I think it should stop.

Lying again, when you often start

Plus you are shit stirring again

At least Eddie does not buy your bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:54 pm

Didge wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

I don't care what she buys, you shouldn't be so abusive all day, every day, and it's time someone said so.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:55 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Didge wrote:

I don't care what she buys, you shouldn't be so abusive all day, every day, and it's time someone said so.

Double standards again

learn to shut your trap and then people will be civil back as you are abusive daily

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:55 pm

Didge wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Double standards again

learn to shut your trap and then people will be civil back as you are abusive daily

I see you've had to water down the abuse now that you've been pulled up for your sexism. That's a start ...
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:56 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Didge wrote:

Double standards again

I see you've had to water down the abuse now that you've been pulled up for your sexism. That's a start ...

I see you have learnt to stop acting like a two year old, so that is a start

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:04 pm

Didge wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

This is the situation. In debates, if you are even the slightest bit rude or obnoxious to me, I will not respond to you at all. If you get too abusive, I'm just report your posts. The choice is yours. Don't bother to troll or spam in order to get me to reply to you - just be polite, and maybe I will.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Victorismyhero Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:16 pm

Fuzzy Zack wrote:Has anyone noticed how our princess has been grumpy since Valentine's Day? Coincidence?

Tsk tsk......
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:36 pm

eddie wrote:Hi rags, No it shouldn't be used but I can't remember if it was a banned word.

It wasn't.  If 'nazi' were to be banned then we would have to consider all other words of historical significance that have taken on a contemporary, colloquial meaning.  Did you know that 'Left' amounts to a loan-translation of French la gauche (1791)...where progressives sat on the left-hand side in the Parliamentary seating, conservatives on the right.  Now we hear it as 'lefty', in use all the time on this site.  Should we ban it just because it's unfriendly?

That is what we will get if we start banning historically legitimate terms.  Frankly, I'm against banning any term.  How could we discuss etymology if we ban terms; it's not the term that is bad, but the use of it.  What we are really saying is we don't want animosity on this site.

Last edited by Original Quill on Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:39 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:

Well I have never abused you but you have called me a name on here.
I don't often bring up past stuff but you did call me a slut not so long ago.

Last edited by eddie on Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:40 pm

Original Quill wrote:
eddie wrote:Hi rags, No it shouldn't be used but I can't remember if it was a banned word.

It wasn't.  If 'nazi' were to be banned then we would have to consider all other words of historical significance that have taken on a contemporary, colloquial meaning.  Did you know that 'Left' relates to a loan-translation of French la gauche (1791)...where progressives sat on the left-hand side in the Parliamentary seating.  Now we hear it as 'lefty', in use all the time on this site.  Should we ban it just because it's unfriendly?

That is what we will get if we start banning historically legitimate terms.  Frankly, I'm against banning any term.  How could we discuss etymology if we ban terms; it's not the term that is bad, but the use of it.  What we really don't want on this site is animosity.

Obviously, nobody meant it should be banned per se. It's just that it's bandied around rather a lot as a term of abuse on this forum.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:42 pm

eddie wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Well I have never abused you but you have called mt a name on here.
I don't often bring up past stuff but you did call me a slut not so long ago.

No I didn't, I said you liked slutty talk.

If you want to overlook Didge's relentless, daily abuse on here, that's up to you, but I'll report him if he goes too far.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:44 pm

Rags I'm not going to argue with you, that was not what you said.

I'm not ignoring anybody's "abusive posts" But I can't see all posts everywhere and if a post is abusive it should be reported.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:45 pm

eddie wrote:Rags I'm not going to argue with you, that was not what you said.

I'm not ignoring anybody's "abusive posts" But I can't see all posts everywhere and if a post is abusive it should be reported.

Yes it is what I said - or words to that effect.

I know you can't see all posts, that's why I'll report him if he gets abusive.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:46 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

It wasn't.  If 'nazi' were to be banned then we would have to consider all other words of historical significance that have taken on a contemporary, colloquial meaning.  Did you know that 'Left' relates to a loan-translation of French la gauche (1791)...where progressives sat on the left-hand side in the Parliamentary seating.  Now we hear it as 'lefty', in use all the time on this site.  Should we ban it just because it's unfriendly?

That is what we will get if we start banning historically legitimate terms.  Frankly, I'm against banning any term.  How could we discuss etymology if we ban terms; it's not the term that is bad, but the use of it.  What we really don't want on this site is animosity.

Obviously, nobody meant it should be banned per se. It's just that it's bandied around rather a lot as a term of abuse on this forum.

Lots of words are used metaphorically, and some in a bad way. That's the problem with censorship...it's not the word that intends the insult, it's the person.

To ban words is to ban metaphor...which is the basic device by which language grows and evolves. See, eg, Metaphors We Live By, George Lakoff and Mark Johnson (1980).

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:51 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Lots of words are used metaphorically, and some in a bad way.  That's the problem with censorship...it's not the word that intends the insult, it's the person.  

To ban words is to ban metaphor...which is the basic device by which language grows and evolves.  See, eg, Metaphors We Live By, George Lakoff and Mark Johnson (1980).

Yes, but when someone chases another member around the forum calling them "nazi scum" all the time, it gets a bit much - wouldn't you agree? After all, you keep saying you don't like people talking about other posters in a negative manner.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:02 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Lots of words are used metaphorically, and some in a bad way.  That's the problem with censorship...it's not the word that intends the insult, it's the person.  

To ban words is to ban metaphor...which is the basic device by which language grows and evolves.  See, eg, Metaphors We Live By, George Lakoff and Mark Johnson (1980).

Yes, but when someone chases another member around the forum calling them "nazi scum" all the time, it gets a bit much - wouldn't you agree? After all, you keep saying you don't like people talking about other posters in a negative manner.

In all of your examples it's not the word or metaphor that is offensive.  It's the animosity.  That relates to the attitude of the person.  You don't penalize words for the anger of people.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:04 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

In all of your examples it's not the word or metaphor that is offensive.  It's the animosity.  That relates to the attitude of the person.  You don't penalize words for the anger of people.

I think you might have missed the point Quill, so never mind eh?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:12 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Whinge, whinge, whinge, nobody is buying your fake victim hood so get over yourself

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:46 pm

eddie wrote:Personal threads are not allowed.
If you keep making them, you'll be in restricted access.

Please post relevant news topics in relevant sections.

JOKES ARE NOT CONSIDERED NEWS.

If topics are repeatedly posted in the wrong sections due to laziness or other, the topic will be deleted.

Personal attacks are not permitted: certain words are banned; If you can't remember what they are then please PM an admin.

If personal attacks keep happening the guilty poster will be restricted to basement access only.

And to add:

If anyone has a problem with a post or thread, Please report it.

Don't wait for someone else, or a mod, to notice it and report it, or deal with it.

Don't derail a thread with abusive posts that are nothing to do with debate.

Play your part in keeping the boards tidy and polite.

Thank you

eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:12 pm

Same with 'leftie', 'communist' and 'regressive'.  These are words of derogation, merely intended to insult...which is prohibited.

I look forward to cleaner, more refreshing exchanges in the future...as if! Rolling Eyes

Last edited by Original Quill on Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:15 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Looking back, I continually amaze even myself. I think the point was spot on: Words don't insult people, people insult people.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:47 pm

I can cope pretty well storm. I have days when I have Pms coming thick and fast and I don't always see every single thing on a forum.
I just can't please everybody, all of the time.

Oh and it's not my life either.
I have that outside of the forum.

eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:04 pm

eddie wrote:I can cope pretty well storm. I have days when I have Pms coming thick and fast and I don't always see every single thing on a forum.
I just can't please everybody, all of the time.

Oh and it's not my life either.
I have that outside of the forum.

xx

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:52 pm

Won't let me watch it didge? What was it?

Storm I am here more often than the other admin and I'm not going to criticise them for that.
We all,have different responsibitiles.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:53 pm

eddie wrote:Won't let me watch it didge? What was it?

Storm I am here more often than the other admin and I'm not going to criticise them for that.
We all,have different responsibitiles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DN3NqNxYMk

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:55 pm

Ooh that's nice and soothing! Thank you! X
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:15 pm

FROGTURD
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:24 pm

Lord Foul wrote:FROGTURD

With Syrup or butter?

lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:28 pm

I don't eat frogs Victor Razz

I have copyrighted that word anyway. You owe me about 72 pence
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:38 am

Didge wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

tongue

Oooh,  fight,  fight !!!

Just to clarify a few things, yet again  3177564460

cheers

clappy
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:36 am

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
Didge wrote:

tongue

Oooh,  fight,  fight !!!

Just to clarify a few things, yet again  3177564460

cheers

clappy

Apparently, according to Didge, I'm somebody called Nem.  Enlightenment, anyone?
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next